How to Apply
ALL ELIGIBLE gifted/talented students may submit an application to be accepted into OWjL Camp. Following are steps to help with the process.
Who Completes Which Form?
- Applicants must complete the Student Form and write an essay from the prompt found on page two of the Student Form.
- Applicant's parent or guardian must complete the Parent Form.
- Applicants must ask school personnel (principal, guidance counselor, or gifted/talented teacher/specialist) to complete the School Form.
- Applicants must ask two teachers, who have taught them in the last twelve months, to each complete a Teacher Recommendation Form. At least one must be an academic class teacher.
Who Sends the Forms?
- Hard copies of completed Teacher Recommendation Forms and School Forms may be returned to the applicant in a sealed envelope so they can be mailed, unopened, to the OWjL Office by the applicant, along with the Student and Parent Form, or
- Mailed directly to the OWjL Office by school officials/teachers, or
- Submitted electronically by school personnel using forms provided on this website.
- Applicants mail completed hard copies directly to the OWjL Office unless the school is coordinating the application mailing process.
Important Things to Know!
- Either the applicant or the school may coordinate the application mailing process, but it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all forms are received by the deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- No faxed copies will be accepted.
- Do not send money with the application.
- Be considerate of school personnel and request references well in advance of deadlines.
- Mail your application on time. The number of students who apply exceeds the available spaces and late applications will be added to the wait list.
- Fast Pass - Students submitting early applications, by January 12, 2013, will receive a "Fast Pass" for meals (go to the head of the line).
- Postmark - Camper applications must be postmarked by January 30, 2013.
- Hand Delivery/Online Submission - Must be received by 4:30 p.m. February 1, 2013.
- Financial Aid - by March 1, 2013. If you are applying for financial aid, you must send a completed financial aid application with a copy of the required 2012 IRS tax form . See the scholarships page.
Receive an Application by Mail
By clicking here you can fill in a form and a complete application package will be mailed to you.
PDF Downloads (will be available December 1st)
Note: A valid e-mail address is required for registration. OWjL respects your privacy and will not sell or trade information submitted.
* Note: You will need the free Adobe Reader software to view/print PDF files. Click the "Get Adobe Reader" icon to begin the download process.